Friday, February 27, 2015

animals and evolution..

Elephants (chained) on the side of the road waiting for a western "body" to jump on them, dogs barking and mating on the beach (and also getting stuck), monkeys fighting, running after each other and approaching fearlessly "clever" tourists that find funny feeding them not knowing the risks, snakes crossing the roads, huge and photogenic beetles and insects that you can eventually eat on street food stalls or in night markets, stray cats looking for leftovers outside or inside restaurants, very loud and hungry (of mosquitoes) geckos, impressive eagles up in the air and great racket-tailed drongos on the young palm trees calls' sounding as alarms.... russian tourists looking for some "warm and exotic emotions" and sometimes not welcome in some bars that proudly show "NO RUSSIANS" signs, local girls shouting (like monkeys) everytime a "white" passes by their "lady bar", even if they are at 30 km per hour on their scooter!!!
I am being confirmed that Koh Chang is actually a side of a quiet and moderate Thailand, yet not over abused and sexualised (or "lady boysed") as others according to what I hear from other travellers that seem to collect thai stamps over and over the years on their passports..
Even if here in Koh Chang I have seen many families and couples, I still believe Thailand is a place for older men travellers....I look forward to seeing, yet the other side of this country..
I guess tomorrow is gonna be the day that I will meet with Cambodia; I feel ready to add another of the poorest countries in the world in my list of travelled places and maybe keep learning that the direction we (western and capitalist countries) are taking is just not right and not a proper example for developing countries...
I keep discovering that I don't want to belong to this "world of sheep" and that I am fine following the world I am creating and living on, respecting my priorities and my views even if at times strict and nonconformist, that can sound weird to the people that love me or that just come across my path!
I want my life and the one of the people I still love to be perfect or at least healthy and balanced, pure and peaceful, exciting yet zen....



No comments: