Friday, February 13, 2015

little bits of Bangkok....

It's 17:45, I am just exiting the Surasak BTS train and I see a book stall (a table with books thrown on it!!) hoping to find an interesting one as I seriously feel empty without one!!..obviously they are all in thai language so I turn back direction "way out"... everyone is static, motionless, I think of a flash mob, I smile, it looks cool, everyone is serious though!!...just a young tourist is looking around trying to figure out what's going on....I inform her that the national anthem is being played on the speakers and everyone here respects it dutifully, it's normal, the national anthem ends and everybody carries on doing what they were doing....it looked amazing, imagine to stop whatever you are doing, no matter what, for a minute!!!!
Bangkok is a very massive and going city, I am taking time to get to understand it, and I am honestly doing it very slow...I am not planning to move for the next few days, I scheduled some touristic visits and some "nothing"...yes maybe not even the "Bangkok's must do things" ...
Strolling around, tuk-tuk and moto finding their way in what I am learning to be a very jammed traffic(wise) city, the worst I have seen so far, but maybe somebody can inform the Bangkokers? (or Bangkokians?) that it cannot get any better if everyone is alone in their vehicles???!!!
Strolling around I come across so many unusual versions and options of street food that are so clever and simple as well as authentic and bizarre....I am up for some of them..
I am enthusiastic to notice, so far, the enviable integration of "ladyboys" or third genders in the everyday life...I am amazed to realize that if it wasn't for the Adam's apple they are actually extremely beautiful into their social role and, if I can afford to say, very presentable...
I am also challenged to learn the real name of the city:
"Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit" or in thai "กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยา มหาดิลกภพ นพรัตนราชธานีบูรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์มหาสถาน อมรพิมานอวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยวิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์"!!!!
obviously you didn't expect me to write it myself (copied and past!!)


please explain me, if you know, what it means the magenta (english) service this agency provides!!

street sushi, just next (door !!!or street tile!) to a small street pizza!!!!

dried squid lightly roasted over charcoal, with sweet and sour sauce on the side.. (not as tasty as they sound!)


not even a glance or a smile!!! ...where are we all heading...



1 comment:

Monique said...

Yes....we are all HEADING somewhere and we are all COMING from somewhere.....pretty cool when you think about it! What's NOT cool is that when we actually look up and smile at someone...somehow WE are weird!