Thursday, February 19, 2015

Elephant island...

After a tireless yet smooth journey I reached the Klong Prao beach in Koh Chang (literally island elephant)....a five hours long bus, a 45 minutes rusty and sturdy ferry and a 15 minutes shared taxi pick up....pretty intense but I was waiting for it after a week in Bangkok, and I enjoyed it and I also knew that a long white beach was waiting for us..I mean is cloudy and heavy rain poured soon after I have finished my early morning yoga practice.....today I also enjoyed of a beach run and a short swim in the company of some jellyfish and some early bird russian tourists....
Yes, we are on Thai soil but the second language seems to be russian and cyrillic is as common as the thai characters on shop signs and info leaflets..
I am glad I signed up for a super cool and fresh and white and comfortable brand new boutique hostel where I am excited to know that at 5pm there is footbal on the beach!!!
I am on my way to Cambodia after here, but I am fine spoiling myself for a while and spend some time indulging in beach life....
The island, named like this because its shapes reminds vaguely of the head of a elephant, is becoming the competing Thai option for the well known southern ones...
Green and lush with wilderness and diving possibility, as well as hiking and fishing villages it actually makes sense for what south eastern island life and vacation could be like...it seems right so far and I am on the up side again (at least for now...)...I am even planning of setting up and prepare my pumpkin risotto for lunch...so Thai wine....and happy chinese new year...


notice the Buddhist era 2555!!!

living area with pool and poufs (beanbags) and an amazing globe....

the only public way to get here ....






No comments: