Sunday, February 08, 2015

Lamborghini and mice...

if KL is covering her history with skyscrapers and shopping malls trying to be as American (USA) as possible, Penang, or better the old town of Georgetown is using her history (the colonial old town and interesting architectures) with a modern way to grow !!the rest of the island of Penang is actually just looking at KL by the way!!!!
The bus from KL turned to be a nightmare, as it landed me at destination with 7 hours of delay!!!!
I love my bus rides and I admit that at a certain point I couldn't take it anymore, even the indian driver noticed it but the only thing he could say it was "I'm sorry boss"!!!
The A/C broke down and we had to stop for few hours in a motorway service area, waiting for a new bus, writing and reading always help and they really did, also some freshly cut fruits did to be honest....
I will still love my bus rides, cause if you do love something (as well as someone) you do it, also in the difficult, intricate and annoying times, not only in the good ones!
The island of Penang is most likely the real tourist destination of Malasya and deservedly the old town is a little gem, at times looking more China than the real one, others elegant and colourful, and where the street food is captivating and a huge entertainment and attraction on her own!
And of course I am splurging little bit as it is too cheap and too cool to be true...yet very cool boutique and classy shops and dining places are available..
My entertainment though is flea markets and I went to find one a little bit out of town, amongst the second hand clothes and fruit, there was a stall selling teeth (I didn't investigate if they were used!!) and another one sex toys (I coulnd't investigate on them either as they were korean and japanese products!)..
Just a block away a Lamborghini parked on the side of the road and from the sewage two-three mice playing or maybe fighting or maybe just mating!!!





No comments: