Thursday, February 12, 2015

zipping (thoughts) and to Bangkok...

left behind the palm plantations of Malaysia, rice fields are back as background from my bus (or in this case train) ride...
Palm plantations, maybe nobody realises the shame behind the production of palm oil in respect of our health and ecosystem; plenty of our everyday favourite things all have it as (main) ingredient, let me name "nutella", "colgate toothpaste", "kit kat", "dove soaps", "peanut butter", "pringles", "johnson's baby shampoo", "gilette shave foam", and also margarine and if you like I can continue so that we all feel bad....bad because is unhealthy for our diet and it's also destroying the natural habitat of orangutans...Ok, you don't care about the animals but knowing that 100 grams of it corresponds to around 50 grams of saturated fat that is more than 200% of your daily value how does make you feel?? would you at least care about yourself???
Maybe that's why from Canberra to Ottawa, from Tokio to Lima we always find this products on our shelves on reasonable prices??!!!
Anyway at the end I managed to get on the train from Hat Yai to Bangkok even if I was told in Malaysia that it was fully booked!!! obviously the train had a good hour of delay departing and a good two hours and half delay on arrival....but I loved it, a old japanese one, even if for the total 18 hours I felt shaken like in a dry dishwasher!!
I managed to sleep anyhow for a good 10 hours, it was needed and absolutely out of my ordinary resting times, but guess what!! I am in Bangkok at the end, even if the sky was not visible already from 3-4 stops before entering the city....


berths down in the tidy carriage 

curious snapshot and curious eyes (on me)!!

a warm welcome by locals (just relaxing half metre from the railway!! - I took this picture from the running train!!)


No comments: