Saturday, February 21, 2015

island life....

I am finding hard to take pictures here in Koh Chang, or better I am taken by the activities that I am scheduling in my day and by the hostel life that I am using very little my watch, my camera and my money....island life I would say...
Yesterday we ended up renting bikes to discover the only road that follows the perimeter of the island that is big enough for things to happen...we came across a good variety of villages catering for anything a foreigner and local tourist might be looking for; yes Koh Chang seems to be a destination also for the vacation of mainland thai people.
The road hilly and twisty turned to be quiet challenging and interesting and the motorbike riding is always exciting, overall here where tuk tuk don't exsist and motorbikes are way more than cars!!
At times it looks like many local people are just tired of "farang" (foreigners), that cannot smile as much as they are known for, that they are bothered by us....others you get glimpses of beauty and energies but it's little disappointing as I got to feel it in Bangkok too and I thought it was just the capital problem!!!
Is it still me still carrying my negative energies around???maybe, but I have heard it from other travellers too...
Cambodia maybe can wait a little more as we are planning to have a tortilla night tonight...and Singha...am I also loosening up on my no temptations knot.......?

simple waterfall, pleasant swim

unusual "shell" gas station...

the peace of the place cannot be felt by looking at this pic unfortunately...



No comments: