Tuesday, January 06, 2015

the beginning of a long wanted journey....South East Asia..

I don't wanna live in a country that doens't allow me to share the world with women, I wouldn't live in a country that denies women in public life....I have always thought of it but after the day in Muscat yesterday I became irritated...even the mosque has made this obvious and it's simply not right...I am sharing my own personal point of view here!!!!
I have spent the last two nights in two different planes flying from Milan to Muscat and today to Colombo, respectevely Italy, Oman and Sri Lanka...
It has been tiring and pretty challenging to keep the eyes open on the train to Galle where I find myself now..
Three hours of a dizzy and, little like a Indian train hourney, experience....
The time went by also cause I kept getting some of the things that locals tend to sell on board, see chickpeas served with coconut flakes in tiny 50grams bags, some tiny roasted peanuts (in 50grams bags too!), some sour mandarines (I would believe not very local!!!) and little cheewy bananas as well as a prawn stuffed with something not clear, I would say breadcrumb, chickpeas and lentils!!cruncy enough to make me believe it was from the day before!!! served with onions and two deep fried chilly peppers particularly spicy on the lips!!!


 Muscat touristic old city spot                         view from the train Colombo to Galle

                                 my chef working on my naan bread

I should have started this post by saying that nearly 3 years have passed since my last one back in Africa...!!!! something must have happened in my life!!!! I am excited to be back...




No comments: