Saturday, January 31, 2015

bye (for now) Indonesia...

Surprisingly odd, I am starting to write this post using the on board wifi of the scruffy public Damri airport bus.
It's 3:30 am and after some rooftop bars and a straggly taxi ride (the old driver would change from the first to the fourth gear in less than 200 metres!! hiccuping the vehicle, seriously, in the middle of the road, just the road where half naked girls where waiting for some people or if you want clients!!!).
He managed to get me to the Jakarta's Gambir Sentral Statiun from where I am heading to a early morning flight to Kuala Lumpur..
I am leaving Indonesia tired and looking forward to resting little bit; I have encountered a very culturally rich and intense country that gave me a little bit of India, of China and of Africa too!!...leaving the comparisons aside a smiley, gentle and warm country has helped me to get to some interesting corners of my personality...
That's what I am here for, I am traveling also but mainly for the sake to get to know myself better, to see which sides of myself are still unknown to myself and meet them and get to become more conscious of my choices and behaviours..
Two weeks have been shamelessly little and not enough for the beauty and the variety that the archipelago has to offer but I guess you cannot have it all and we all have to go down to compromise in some ways in life, don't we?
I have come across a country with issues and quirks with animals, see the photos below...

  
looking after their cats....


still wondering myself.....or better WTF!


this street side "cobra shop" guy promised me better stamina if I would drink the snake's blood!


there is a serious passion for putting birds in cages, this at Yogyakarta's Pasty (bird market)

A hot and humid country in the middle of their rainy season, where A/C at 28 degrees would already be fresh air and not even a simple rain fall has happened where I was (in the other part of the country thought they did actually get heavy flooding!!!)
I ended up finishing this post in the airport by the way, the bus ride was suprisingly (odd) quick.....


view from the 56th floor rooftop bar in Menara BCA,Jakarta





No comments: