Saturday, January 10, 2015

the privileged side of my traveling...

I decided to stay in Haputale little longer...I don't wanna run to another place just because...the elections are over and yesterday there were fireworks and even little fights cause a new president is gonna take the place of the previous one that had been in charge for the last 16 years!!
I am going with a slower pace compared to my usual way of traveling..and only at noon I pushed myself out of the "bungalow" (that's how they name here some types of comfortable accomodations) to go exploring...
the view from the terrace shows some tracks amongst the tea plantations and a little village not far away, I direct myself that way taking advantage of the clouds..compassless and free I found myself in a new world surrounded by tea leaves (still on their plant, see picture below!!)...





here and there some pickers and some stray dogs.....till I reached some shanty houses and a hindu temple that kinda blocked my way with ladies and kids doing their everyday things, I felt welcomed as they smiled and went through so to get back to a main track or road!
...that was until Muthu Kumar inundated by a great energy field invited me to his tiny piece of land that he with the help of his family was preparing for the seeding...I found myself blinded by his kind and calm aura and I accepted with curiosity his invitation to his home for a tea..
his english was basic and the kids shy until they heard my name (it's shorter, funnier and easier to introduce myself as Ciccio) that even the old granny pronounced it and laughed!!
even the cat joined as I drank a sweet and milky tea,unable to appreciate the taste of the tea leaves!!!
maybe this is the first picture going online of mr Muthu Kumar, maybe he will never know he is on the web, most likely he doesn't know what the "web" is!!







2 comments:

Pau said...

Me encanta! Voy preparando mentalmente nuestro viaje a Mallorca ;).

Unknown said...

ahahah yo ya lo tengo planeado todo...solo falta la fecha..ahaha