Sunday, January 25, 2015

the dark side of Bali....

the life's pendolum never fails!!!the more you love something (or somebody) the more you will suffer....that's why just when I was having smooth time in Bali and getting some great energies back from Indonesia it arrived the swing back....
I left Ubud direction north side of the island, just to get the transport to the west side of Bali to jump on the ferry to Java...that was the plan until I stepped down the shuttle service to Lovina (a small black sand beach village) and joined a Scottish traveller also solo, but that's when the swirl of emotions started....
a charming, loquacious and smiley young man approached us offering accomodation that would have costed us cheaper if shared in one of the very comfortable hotels in town that provide swimming pool and basic comforts...checked in but ended up bargaining for a diving trip from 150 euros to 100, even if I hadn't thought about any underwater thing at all!! the trip would have included the room cost (a mere 150000 IDR- 10 euros), meals, transportation and kinda fitted somehow in our confused mind as next step of our trip.Very naively I was dazed by him....
Our distracted look at references on the internet didn't inform us of the scam or better mess we would have ended up in...proudly I thought that we had got a fair deal, but after few hours we discovered that the guy had lied all the way and that a fair price would have been 60/70 euros!!
I had to switch on my best drama skills and run to the dive shop and made up a stand up comedy where I was selling him that I had to turn back the dive as some "big problem in Italy, tomorrow morning fly home!"he knew he had cheated and he was not gonna get back us the money as he was supported by more than one partner in crimes from the receptionist of the hotel to the complaint secretary of the dive shop and from a very loyal right hand man...
My hour persuading him to give me some money back cause of the "big problem" ended when he handled me one fourth of the money back cash pretending to change the receipt to one person instead of two...but that's when I kept money and receipt and accused him of unfair behaviour...
That was though when their anger erupted nearly physically on me, one of them left with a very aggressive "up yours" (in italian we call it "the gesture of the umbrella") threatening me to karate me down and not to take me on the boat, but I had scammed him back and they didn't want to accept it...I paid them with the same currency and they couldn't stand it!!!!
Heavy intimidation and stalking had just started....the pendolum was swinging rapidly on the negativity side......and no dive for the day after was confirmed by the secretary......panic..ahaha

To be continued...

PS: we arrived on Java island and we are in Banyuwangi where there is only one wi-fi place in town and my battery is low on netbook and my smartphone's screen broke (it seems like I'll have a weight less and maybe a backfire with my old fashioned ones...).

No comments: