Tuesday, April 28, 2015

updates from here

Sun and rain alternate themselves over Kathmandu, while locals have been waiting till noon today as it was the 72nd hour from the big heartquake as the seismologists recommend and the media accentuates and people are scared, they are afraid of any little aftershock that till last night kept happening...
The capital is slowly waking up from the nightmare, but it's not easy and it's justifiable, also because for some there is nothing left to restart from, some shops are slowly re-opening and very few tourists are seen around, it's easy for them supported by their government to jump on free flights back home and leave the darkness, the destroyed, the weak behind and show the pictures back home.....
I am not planning to do that, but I am struggling (maybe for my faults) to understand how to practically do something to help, also because some locals seem to be expecting resources to arrive and cash for the rebuilding and everyone is expecting to be told what to do.....initiative and efficiency are clashing at the moment and it's not helping those that really need it, that at least around the area I find myself seem not to struggle as much!!
I am, most likely, not realising and feeling the real truth behind all this as I have lost my "wow factor" some time ago and nothing surprises me or shocks me anymore, but I am here and I feel it's right to support the country somehow, even if I dunno how...and even if the fear of spreading diseases are already being gossiped...
I am quite relaxed so far as I am in good hotel and treating myself with some fresh fruit and some very basic street food that is very sparsely available...




No comments: