Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Donations welcome for Nepal

My first step today has been going to the main hospital in Kathmandu and register to the volunteer's desk set up just outside and that seems very active; many young nepali are showing up and mainly in the daytime not much efficient help is possible..I will try later in the evening as it seems a little more of a needed time.
I managed to donate blood though, even if I come from Bangladesh and even if it was 2pm and I had had a good breakfast, and even if we were using beach chairs to lie on and there was no medical tape, but I guess every little help is good right now..
I am committing part of my budget planned for this trip to actually buy food and help here personally as the international aids are not reaching sometimes the people that really need and around the city of Kathmandu many villages are complaining and lacking support..
I am providing my paypal account or, if you are in Italy, my postepay number to anyone interested in chipping in and supporting my cause.
My flight back to Europe is on the 8th of may and every donation arriving after that date will not reach as directly as I would otherwise before that!!
Just send me your email address in a comment just below the post or if you have my gmail email account drop me a line and I will give you the details.
Feel free to share it with your friends..
I am not gonna post picture of destructions and suffering, but I will try to get some shots of the smiles and dances of the young kids unaware of what happened to them and their lives, or just of the sun over the Himalaya....

3 comments:

Romano Bianco said...

Ciao Francesco sono stato avvertito da Milena e sono profondamente colpito dalla tua iniziativa.
Dammi istruzioni per sostenerla.
Grazie
Romano Bianco

milena equo e non solo said...

Ciao facci capire come procedere, siamo con te ,ti abbracciamo Milena (bottega commercio equo fasano)

Monique said...

I'd like to help....