Wednesday, November 05, 2008

l'inizio

here we go....
the first post...it might also be the last....this to be taken in consideration..
I am in Buenos Aires since 24 hrs now and it's hot and humid...30-35 degrees...
the flight was ok but I experienced a very old plane possibly my first in 81...it was a 747-400 that means that can fly for 13500 km with more than 420 people on board on 2 levels...but old for a long distance one even though it was ok at the end just to sleep.. (maybe the dinner was poor,over cooked 3 colours pasta with peperonish sauce with a spoonful of salad and bread and butter)..
we landed at 6:25 and the pilot said that it was 21 degrees!!!sounds cool I mean nice after Madrid and Glasgow..the day will end with 32 of average temperature..
landed or better descended as some latvian teacher might say and collected the luggage I exited the airport and looked for the bus 86 that for 0,35 euros would take me to the Plaza de Mayo (only prob is that you can pay with coins only that nobody would give you in the airport shops,I mean you could by buying something but that something will always be pair so that u don't get coins as change the notes are of 2-5-10-20-50..,the bank changes them they defend themselves...will need to get used to these tricks..)at the end a traveller exchanged them for me...BIG mistake taking that bus...but at the end acceptable for the experience..I got to city centre around 2 hours later...it stopped everywhere there was a stop between the airport and the city...met many argentian faces and seen many weirdo outskirts parts of the city...after 2 hours I got bored and I got off to step in the metro that would have been easier and quicker...I didn't get to the Plaza de Mayo..I might go today...anyway got at the hostel I met the guys and soon joined the team...only my laptot didn't join but it was part of the balancing of situation in life..I used somebody's else laptop and starte the buenos aires life going to market and buy shampoo,conditioner,bath cream,detersivo per lavar le robe e frutta...
got back and showered in cold water...and got a bit stressy about...but then accepted and left for a bar for a local beer and check what was wrong with the connection...walked a lot found bar no connection got more stressed...decided to win the battle against technology and went to talk with a locutorio (public place to call o connect for cheap) guy..magic guy sorted it in one sec...I will pay a beer to him I promised...on the way back to hostel I bought 2 dvd's and 2 empanadas (typical panzerottino with different fillings) and cream for hair and then run to the toilet...new food always upset u when in a new country!!
nice and happy got back to my room so I could chat with friends and email gunta..it was already 21 that meant midnight in Europe so no much to chat...had fruit with me while on tv there was "l'ultimo bacio with spanish subtitulos"...emailed and all and decided to go to sleep not b4 checking that Obama had won...
went to sleep around 1 after a bit of talking with portuguese guy here in the hostel and tried to watch one the peliculas I had bought...
today got up quite early for no reason but went running and then breakfast and now here...but I better go...that's all for now...maybe too much...

No comments: