Wednesday, February 18, 2009

here we go again...

the touristic thing to do here is to rent a bike and ride "la ruta del vino" (the wine route)..in 8 km there are 6-7 wineries that have open doors for tours and tasting for free..anybody can do that and it's very popular.
I rent my bike from Coca (the least popular, strangely with that name...) and after bargaining the price a bit, eating some grapes from her vine, I chose the wineries I wanted to visit and I started pedaling..
I loved cause I visited the oldest winery still producing, the most important organic one and the most touristic (that I actually hated it)..
I didn't do the touristic path that's why it turned to be 15-20 km at the end!!
I safely managed not to fall when the pedal broke in the middle of a powerful push on the pedals and I also safely and luckily managed to avoid a big and heavy branch falling from a tall tree while walking in the park...
I am ok, motivation up again and on my way north, where the landscapes are meant to change to red and yellow and where the temperatures will get crazier cause getting closer to Bolivia and the equator..
the serious traveling is just ahead again 18 hours on a night bus and borders to cross and new coins and notes and new cultural shocks and new weird local habits coming soon...

la cosa turistica da fare qui è nolleggiare una bici e pedalare per la "ruta del vino" (il percorso del vino)..in 8 chilometri ci sono 6-7 cantine aperte al pubblico per visite e degustazioni gratis..chiunque può farlo e per questo è molto popolare..
ho nolleggiato la bici da Coca (la meno conosciuta, strano con quel nome!!) contrattato il prezzo, mangiato un pò della uva della sua vigna, ho scelto le cantine che volevo visitare e via pedalando..
mi è piaciuto perchè ho visitato la cantina più antica che ancora produce, la più importante tra quelle produttrici di vini organici e la più turistica, che ho odiato sinceramente..
non ho seguito il percorso turistico per questo alla fine ne ho fatti 15-20 di chilometri..
son riuscito a evitare una caduta quando nel bel mezzo di una pedalata più forte il pedale si e rotto e anche di evitare con fortuna una pesante e grande ramo caduto da un alto albero a pochi metri da me mentre passeggiavo per il parco..
sto bene, motivazione riacquistata e pronto per continuare verso nord, dove il paesaggio diventa più rosso e giallo e temperature più estreme dovuto all'avvicinarsi alla Bolivia e all'equatore
il viaggio serio mi aspetta, altre 18 ore in un autobus notturno e presto anche nuovi confini da oltrepassare nuove monete e banconote, nuovi shock culturali e strane abitudini locali..

No comments: