Monday, December 15, 2008

the best of the traveling

last year when I visited Turkey I spent 20 minutes in a bus station in Denizli, to go to Cappadocia.... this has nothing to do with Argentina if it wasn't for the fact that there I met an argentian guy, and that last night we arranged to go out together...he came and pick me up with his car and we drove to his friends house in Villa Pueyrredon quarter (on the outskirts of the city) for the 37th birthday of one of them!!I hadn't been much out during this six weeks in Buenos Aires and it was nice to join and experience the argentinian way..it really was nice because, as I wrote before in my posts, italians are very popular here.they are all referred as "Tano", also the argentinians with italian origin like to call themselves like this..so it was fun to meet all those curious people and share experiences considering I was way the youngest!!I didn't follow them to the disco so I got on a bus and made my way back to the hostel also because I had to work today...and here it's where the experience got wilder..first because I didn't know where I was at 3:20 in the morning, second because I got on the bus with 0,85 centavos (0,20 eurocents) that are not enough to pay the 0,90 centavos (0,21 eurocents) fare and without coins you are not allowed to stay on!!! and third because I fell asleep on the bus and woke up at the terminal that was Costituciòn train station area, that is not the safest place to be around at 4:00 am, actually after Boca is the place not to be at all.....taxi were not stopping, transsexuals and prostitutes were whistling at me and also kindly saying "hola?!", suspicious faces passing by and I had to walk my way back to the hostel that luckily was just 12 blocks away..I made it safely but....hi Mum.. it's ok...

lo scorso anno in Turchia ho trascorso una ventina di minuti nella stazione degli autobus di Denizli, sulla via per Cappadocia.. ufficialmente non ha molto a che vedere con l'Argentiana se non fosse per il fatto che lì incontrai un ragazzo argentino e che ieri siamo usciti insieme..mi è venuto a prendere con la sua auto e di lì siam andati a casa di amici nel quartiere di Villa Pueyrredon (nella periferia della città) per il 37mo compleanno di uno di loro!!non son uscito molto in queste sei settimane a Buenos Aires quindi mi sembrava opportuno unirmi e farlo nella maniera argentina..molto interessante anche perchè, come scritto nei post passati, l'italiano è molto benvoluto qui. "Tano" è il nomignolo col quale son chiamati e anche agli argentini stessi di origini italiane piace chiamarsi così.divertente la serata, bello incontrare gente curiosa con la quale poter condividere esperienze, considerando anche che ero di gran lunga il più giovane!!
Non li ho seguiti in disco e ho quindi preso un autobús per ritornare in ostello anche perchè oggi dovevo lavorare…è qui che l’esperienza diventa appasionante..
Primo perchè non sapevo dove mi trovassi alle 3:20 della mattina, secondo perchè son salito sull’autobus con soli 0,85 centavos (0,20 centesimi di euro) che non sono abbastanza per pagare i 0,90 centavos (0,21 centesimi di euro) della tariffa e se non hai monete non ti è permesso viaggiare e terzo perchè mi sono addormentato sull’autobus e svegliatomi solo quando arrivati all’ultima fermata che era la stazione ferroviaria di Constitución!! non certamente l’area più sicura della città o meglio dopo Boca il posto dove non vorresti trovarti alle 4:00 della mattina….!!!
Taxi non si fermavano, trans e prostitute mi fischiavano e molto gentilmente mi salutavano con un sensuale “hola!?”, tipi loschi mi passavano di fianco e io che dovevo raggiungere l’ostello che fortunatamente era solo a una dozzina di isolati..ce l’ho fatta tranquillo ma….cia Mà tuttok..

No comments: