Sunday, December 21, 2008

attraversando uruguay

I am in La Paloma!!that in english means The Pigeon!!it's one of the most popular beach destinations of Uruguay and people say in january-february is very crowded..now there is just me, my tent and some locals..it's also very popular for being one of the main surfing spots in the country..
I am in a campsite again, lonely but I guess getting stronger; at the end nobody is telling me what to do, so...
I wouldn't call it masochism cause I do like it somehow to be by myself, but moderately..that's why I spent the previous two nights in a hostel! I actually met my first compatriot backpacking...from Bolzano so I don't know if I can call him italian..
Uruguay is being fine so far, I am finding what I expected in people and I kinda love it and is also fairly cheap and fairly organised, well tourism minded..
I found myself talking about football and travels in a very old restaurant-bar with a old local man enjoying local whisky and coke...I am glad my spanish is good, cause I would be missing a lot..
yesterday on the bus I met Hugo from Montevideo, we spent the three hours of the journey talking.he has been living in Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador and has given me important and essential tips..now he has moved back to Uruguay and enjoying wife and kids and waiting for me to go and see him for a parrilla!!we will see.
today I went for a beach day with idea surfing...I ended sunbathing/sunburned for two hours and when I jumped in the water to swim a bit it was so cold that my breath stuck for few seconds and my legs lost sensitivity..I didn't surf!!

sono a La Paloma!! che tradotto in italiano sarebbe Il Piccione!!è una delle zone balneari più famose del paese e si dice che in gennaio-febbraio sia strapieno di turisti!!ora sono io con la mia tenda e alcuni locali..è anche una destinazione molto conosciuta dai surfisti.
sono in un campeggio di nuovo, solo ma credo che mi stia servendo...alla fine nessuno mi sta dicendo quello che sto facendo..
non lo chiamerei masochismo perchè mi piace starmene per i fatti miei ma moderatamente, ecco perchè ho trascorso le due notti precedenti in un ostello!! ho anche incontrato il primo connazionale in viaggio come me zaino in spalla...di Bolzano, quindi ora non so se posso definirlo italiano..
l'Uruguay mi sta sembrando ok, la gente è come me l'aspettavo e mi piace, ed è discretamente economica e abbastanza organizzata turisticamente parlando..
Mi ritrovai a parlare di calcio e viaggi in un "all'antichissimo" risto-bar con un vecchietto locale a bere whisky locale e coca..sono felice che il mio spagnolo è buono, perchè perderei molto...
Ieri sul bus ho conosciuto Hugo da Montevideo..abbiam parlato per tutte e tre le ore del viaggio..lui ha vissuto in Colombia, Venezuela e Ecuador e mi ha dato tante di quelle informazioni..ora è ritornato in Uruguay per godersi moglie e figli e mi sta aspettando per una parrilla!!vedremo..
Oggi ho deciso di trascorrere la giornata in spiaggia con una mezza idea surf..alla fine mi so fatto due ore al sole e quando ho deciso di andarmi a tuffare, l'acqua era così fredda che per un paio di secondi mi si è bloccata la respirazione e le gambe avevan perso sensibilità...non ho surfato!!!

No comments: