Sunday, May 10, 2015

half way back...

It seemed quite obvious (to me..) that after four months spent in Asia my return in Europe would be in the city that is considered a shared city (maybe the only one in the world located in two continents..) in between...
It seemed quite obvious to me once in Istanbul to do as "istanbulls" do, and quite needed I would say, experience an hammam or turkish bath and get scrubbed and washed the local way after months on the road and months in some seriously unaccommodating accomodations..
I guess Istanbul was the obvious choice and I am pleasantly enjoying the mediterranean breeze already after so much polluted air.....
It was my first time in a real hammam and I chose as usual the least touristy I could and where the big guy was rougher than the hand scrub he used on me and the only english word in his vocabulary was "OK"!!! I let the experience captivate me and I seriously enjoyed..
The place was very vintage and has been used since 514 years for the purpose...
I have to admit that I openly accepted the tradition and laughed alot, being played as a puppet or better as a barbie played by a young girl...(I imagine already my parents being treated like this in two weeks when we are coming back to spend some family time together here in the turkish capital..)


a message from Kathmandu...so true..




No comments: