Monday, August 09, 2010

train trip

if you take a look to the map of north America you will get how big US and Canada are, and you will understand why is taking me 4 nights and 3 days to get from Vancouver to Toronto!
Vancouver was perfect for the mind: I arrived tired and demotivated and I left enthusiast and full of life, even if the hostel toilet was unbearable..I am on the train right now writing and I think that travel is a marvellous thing, I spent my last night in a convenient and spacious bus that helped me to cross the Alberta state and reach at 6 o'clock in the morning Jasper.
Jasper welcomed me with a coldish winter weather, fog and rain that it was long time hadn't seen, Jasper that is great hiking and bears spotting place, but with that weather worthless..
never mind, in full winter mood a nice hot cheese and broccoli soup and it's already time to board the train to Toronto.I got a great online deal and luckily I am enjoying of quality service on a moving hotel that crosses the great scenery that Canada has to offer.I had never had a shower in a train, nor I had a fine dining meal and Canadien wine and beer tasting included in the nice price I managed to get.
the trip is seeing the end and I guess it's time, it's time for a new challenge and new objectives, a different approach to life...maybe it's time..

se guardate la mappa dell'America del nord vi renderete conto quanto Stati Uniti e Canada siano grandi, e capirete perche' ci mettero' 4 notti e 3 giorni per raggiungere Toronto da Vancouver!
Vancouver e' stata perfetta per lo stato d'animo: sono arrivato stanco e demotivato e l'ho lasciata entusiasta e pieno di vita, anche se quel bagno dell'ostello era da paura..sono sul treno a scrivere questo post e rifletto su quanto il viaggio sia una cosa grandiosa, ho speso la mia ultima notte in un conveniente e spazioso autobus che mi ha portato nello stato di Alberta lasciandomi a Jasper alle 6 di mattina. Jasper mi accogliera' con un fresco invernale, nebbia e pioggia che era da tanto che non vedevo, Jasper che e' posto ideale per camminate e avvistamento di orsi, ma che con un tempo cosi non vale la pena.. fa niente, mi immergo nello stato invernale che si respira e una bella zuppa calda di broccoli e formaggio ed e' gia ora di andare a prendere il treno per Toronto.
sono riuscito a prendere un'offerta online e fortunatamente sto godendo della qualita' di servizi da hotel su carreggiata, mentre attraversiamo alcuni dei migliori paesaggi che il Canada ha da offrire.non mi ero mai fatto una doccia su un treno, ne avevo cenato di lusso e fatto degustazione di vino e birra Canadese e il tutto incluso nel bel prezzicino che ho beccato..
il viaggio gia' sembra vedere la fine ed e' giusto che sia cosi, e' tempo per una nuova sfida, nuovi obiettivi, un differente approccio alla vita, forse e' tempo

No comments: