Thursday, August 05, 2010

officially successful

it must have been the yoga, or maybe the wine Boo and Alison made me drink, or maybe not, maybe it was the pill I took not to get seasick, but I missed the best out of the ferry and the best out of the drive to Nanaimo.I decided to jump on Vancouver Island and from there get to Vancouver city, a little bit more expensive, a different route, some great landscapes expected...nothing like that, I couldn't control my tiredom and my eyes just shut as soon as I stepped on the ferry and the bus and opened as soon as they got where they were supposed to take me..very unusual for me so I guess it's pill's fault..
so practically the travel is complete, I reached Canada, that was my first target at the beginning of the trip..I managed to enter, allowed by a doubtful immigration.I arrived in Vancouver, I am staying in a creepy, cheap hostel by the main train station, but I need my freedom..I ended up walking fully downtown and enjoying the best thing I believe the city has to offer: the creek.
for sure the skyline is not Hong Kong's but the summer day with that little of fog makes it perfect to get lost and walk and rest, walk and rest amongst thousands of riders and runners.. walk and rest till I joined lonely Dave waiting on the beach for somebody to play chess with, ok maybe chess was an excuse, he wanted to play for money, but he wanted to talk and make friends, he was fun somehow, it was a great meeting, not as great as the psychopath that few metres away was pulling down his pants in front of two blonde girls..


dev'essere stata la lezione di yoga, o forse il vino che Boo e Alison mi han fatto bere, o no forse e' stata la pillola che ho preso per evitare il mal di mare..sta di fatto che mi son perso il meglio del traghetto e il meglio del paesaggio per raggiungere Nanaimo.ho deciso di entrare il Canada via l'isola di Vancouver, leggermente piu' caro, un percorso diverso e un paesaggio piu' interessante per cosi' raggiungere la citta' di Vancouver da li..peccato che gli occhi si sono chiusi appena salito nel traghetto e appena sedutomi nel bus e si sono riaperti appena arrivato a destinazione, inusuale, strano e sconvolto, ma credo si che sia stata la pillola..
posso dire quindi che il viaggio e' completato, il Canada all'inizio era il mio punto d'arrivo, sono riuscito a entrare, lasciato passare da un incerta immigrazione..sono arrivato a Vancouver e sono in un ostello malmesso, economico vicino la stazione centrale dei treni, ma ho bisogno di liberta'.. oggi ho camminato il centro della citta' da capo a coda godendomi quello che secondo me e' la cosa migliore della citta' : l'insenatura.
sicuramente il profilo della citta' non e' quello di Hong Kong, ma un sole estivo, una bassa foschia rende la citta' eccezionale per camminate tra migliaia di podisti e ciclisti, tra parchi e ampie aree pedonali, e quindi camminare fino a fermarmi a fare una partita di scacchi con un solitario Dave, forse la partita di scacchi era una scusa perche' voleva giocare a soldi, ma voleva innanzitutto parlare con qualcuno, e alla fine era simpatico e chiacchierone, un incontro piacevole, non tanto piacevole invece a pochi metri di distanza uno psicopatico che si abbassava i pantaloni di fronte a due bionde..

No comments: